Hello! My name is Esther!
I am Chinese New Zealander born and bred in Auckland, New Zealand in 1993. I’m 4’11, have a Bachelor of Communications in Public Relations, and work full time in marketing and part time on social media (werk werk werk werk). I like cats, food, watching TV shows, beaches, cocktails, taking naps and anything that involves sitting or lying down for long periods of time.
I started this blog all the way back in 2012 because I wanted a place to write my thoughts so my hand didn’t hurt so much, where it wouldn’t get so messy, and my little brothers wouldn’t upturn my room searching for. I was addicted to Singaporean/Malaysian bloggers, and so wanted to create a similar space for myself.
More things about me:
- I don’t get nightmares
- My favourite food is the concept of noodles in tasty soup i.e. ramen, pho, various Chinese noodle soups. And also oysters. And Korean BBQ and Chinese hotpot. And lamb skewers with lots of cumin oh my gat. And Peking duck yes I love Peking duck. And roast pork belly. And dumplings.
- My role model is Leslie Knope
- I wish I could talk like Ali Wong, she’s so funny
- I have two younger brothers
- My problematic fave is Justin Bieber. He’s got a dog called Esther named after me because he’s in love with me
As this is a personal blog, it can get a bit repetitive and some of it written at the lower points of my life and when I was younger as well. But I don’t care. And I hope you don’t too (and I don’t want to hear about it if you do).
Thank you for reading! 🙂